Question
Posted by: worried | 2010/04/10

Hiv risk from fingering? Do I need PEP?

Dear Doc

I recently met a girl out on the town and after a few drinks one thing lead to anohter and anyway, I ended up " fingering"  her briefly.(I inserted my finger in her vagina.) I had no cuts that I am aware of at all on my fingers but I am now petrified of Hiv. Do i need to get on to PEP? I am still within the 72 hours? What is the degree of risk?

I doubt that you should be concerned but if you are really worried, you can consult your hospital's emergency unit for medication but remember that the medication has serious side-effects.