Posted by: extremely confused | 2011-10-30

HIV results

i have a 2 yr old with my husband I tested hiv neg while I was preg with her, and she has never been a sick baby she was even breastfed.
I also have 7 month old boy I tested 3 times during pregnancy and my results were all negative he was also tested and he is negative .
Whats confusing is my 2 year old got sick a week back she was tested for hiv and it was positive I also tested and its also positive.
Could it be a mistake? A rapid test kit was used

Yes, it can be a mistake. Rather consult a doctor for a formal blood test. There are incidences where the rapid test can give you a false positive reading.

Good luck with the tests and I sincerely hope that all will be well.