Question

HIV Results

Just venting, no particular question.

In Feb I had a new bf. The night we slept together he agreed to put on a condom but suddenly pulled it off in the middle of things. He said it was too tight and he hates condoms in any case. When I asked him to take the test he refused and took offense saying I was suggesting that he was sleeping around. In any case I went for the test myself a week after we slept together and it was negative. But ofcourse there was the window period. I have gone for the test again after 14 weeks and the doctor just called to say the results are back. I am going out of my mind with worry. I haven't seen the guy since and I don't know what I am going to say to him if the result is positive. I don't know if I should even tell him, maybe I should just forget about him and take care of myself even when I turn out to be positive. But a little voice at the back of my head wants to talk to him and tell him what he has done to my life. I am fetching the results in an hour and I am so panicked.

Vent away. Of course "hating condoms" is no excuse for exposing anyone else to a serious infection --- and their use is more for the partner than for the wearer. I hope you'll find your test results are negative. If they are positive, do tell him, as it might help to encourage him to stop exposing other women to an infection. I think any woman who finds an HIV+ man had sex with her without condoms and without warning her, should sue them. <br>Do come back when you have the results, either way, and post a fresh message to let us know what's happening.

1
Posted by: anon | 2008/05/29

Hey

Try to relax. I know this is a huge thing but it's procedure for the Doctors to have to speak to you personally about such results. It's law. The fact that your first test was negative is very encouraging I think, so try to breathe and once you have the results react. These days it is not a death sentence and meds are always improving etc. You have options. Your doctor will advise you. Don't panic. Well done on gettign tested, that is both responsible and brave. Good for you. God belss and good luck

Reply to anon