Question
Posted by: Dan | 2009-05-20

HIV POSITIVE

Is it posible that your partner can be HIV positive and when you are tested you find that you are nagative.

Yes. Serodiscordant (sero-discordant) is a term used to describe a couple in which one partner is HIV positive and the other is HIV negative. There are several articles available on the net that you could find useful and interesting. You and your partner have either been really careful and safe in your sexual practices – if that is the case continue to take care or you have been lucky – without you knowing it you have been taking the appropriate care. It is advisable that you do some research of the types of behaviour that could enhance the possibility for continuing with the serodiscordant couple status.

5
Posted by: Positive guy | 2009-05-21

Well keep doing sex safely

Reply to Positive guy
Posted by: Dan | 2009-05-21

Why iam asking this quistion is because iam circumsised and since i find out that my partner is HIV positive we started using a protetion and iam on window pereod.

Reply to Dan
Posted by: Positive Guy | 2009-05-21

As I understand it, there is a link between being circumcised or not and the prevalence of HIV transmission. However, there are conflicting views on the matter and how much value one should put into this theory is not been scientifically proven. I have often seen people getting exited about many topics due to so-called research findings, only not to realize that it was only one bit of research that does not necessarily ring true or was proven properly. Circumcision (or not) is an emotionally charged subject for some and some cultures, and sometimes linked to a belief system and religion. There are therefore many factors that plays a role and one should not (that is my humble opinion) think that circumcision will decrease the chance of getting infected through unprotected sex.

Reply to Positive Guy
Posted by: Dan | 2009-05-21

Thank you for you reply another thing the story of the circumcision that if you are circumcised the chances of infection is low how truth is that.

Reply to Dan
Posted by: Positive guy | 2009-05-20

Yes. If the viral load of the infected party is very low, there is a chance that infection will not take place. However, knowing this, does not guarantee one from not getting infected through unprotected sex. The risk remains.

Reply to Positive guy