Question
Posted by: Friend | 2010/03/05

HIV PCR Test

I was jus wondering, how conclusive is a PCR test at 3 weeks after possible HIV infection incident? Is it possible to get a false result from this test? Is it neccesary to get further testing if a negative result is achieved?

Thank you very much for your help.

You will have to do a HIV test at 3, 6 and 9 months to be sure of any HIV infection. This is the window period for HIV infection.

2
Posted by: Ana | 2010/03/05

actually I''m on the same boat (unsafe sex accidentally) and could not afford the PCR,I am fu**en scared even though I''m on antivirals,I even doubt if I''ll have the second test after three months.

Reply to Ana
Posted by: Ana | 2010/03/05

I''m no Doc but Keep testing until three/six/nine months.

Reply to Ana