Posted by: Delectable | 2012-02-15

HIV Partner

My partner just disclosed to me that she is HIV positive for about 5 years now and that she hasn''t been seeking medical attention as she has been in denial and refuses to accept that this virus would take over her life. I love the fact that she''s been this honest with me and I adivised her that for me to be at ease I would like her to see a doctor for an update so that we know what we are dealing with and take it from there. What also worries me is that she smokes and drinks regularly. This of course is not good for her condition but I need to instill a culture of a well-balanced diet and approach this in a way that it won''t sound irritable and uncomfortable to her. Please help!

Yes, you are correct in what you quote. You will have to address the issue with her head-on and advise her to consult a doctor and a psychiatrist. There is no easy way to handle this situation.

Good luck.