Posted by: 2222 | 2009-09-11

hiv negative depressed

please help doctor,i just got married,im suppose to be happy but im not,i just found out that my ex boyfriend died of hiv,its been a year since we broke up,and we were using condom and it was a brief relationship,i have enev went to test for hiv and it came negative,im suppose to be enjoying my life with my husband,he is a good mam,but im constanly sad and scared,i actually didnt know of my ex boyfriend s status,so now i keep on asking myself if had contracted the desease,i feel lucky that i dumped him, but i keep on asking myself if when i kiss him my gums where bleeding or his,i actually have to accept that i saved from the desease and move on,but i cant,and it affect my marriage and sex life,bcos i cant have sex having a occupied so much with maybe i have it.

I understand, of course, why you feel worried, at discovering there may have been more of a risk than you realized, in the past. You must discuss this with the people who did the HIV testing for you, so they can explain how reliable the testing was in these circumstances. As you have become so pre-occupied with this fear of the disease, it would be wise for you to see a good counsellor, especially one with experience in helping people with problems relating to HIV/AIDS, including the worried well.