Posted by: anon | 2012-10-15

hiv medications

hi dr
i got a cut from an item that was infected with a hiv-positive persons blood. i have been put on PEP (aluvia and lamzid) but after one dose i woke up with a rash on my chest, neck and face and have had a low-grade fever of 37.2/37.3 for the past 2 days since starting the PEP. i am now on my 5th dose.
is there anything i can or must do about this rash and fever? is it related to the medication?
i know the chances are slim that i will be infected but im still young and worried i might get infected.

You are experiencing side effects from the medication. You can reconsult the doctor who prescribed the medication. You can apply Anthisan cream to the skin rash. 37.3 degrees celsius is a normal body temperature. It is possible that you are feeling flushed due to the medication.