Question
Posted by: JOZI | 2008/06/05

HIV-LIFE COVER

Are these rapid hiv tests taken at local clinics reliable, I have always been afraid of taking a life cover because I feared for the worst, what if my blood tests came back positive while i not yet prepared for that. I am raising this because my girlfriend took an hiv tests at a local clinic and they were negative

YOu cannot cope with what you don't know, and vague fears are really hard to handle. Why not go to a reputable clinic for a blood test combined with proper counselling, to understand their meaning and whatever the results are ? You are probably negative --- and if you KNOW that, you can both feel relieved, but also then realistically take steps to reduce the risk of becoming positive. If you are positive, at least you will know this and will be able to take and follow good advice to remain as healthy as possible for as long as posible, and also avoid other problems which could complicate that status. Either way, continue to take appropriate precautions.