Posted by: Jerry | 2011-05-18

Dear Doctor,
I had sex with an escort last night. I wore condoms that she provided. She did oral on me with a condom and we had protected sex. I am scared that when she was on top of me, would her fluid, be all over my genitals, where the condom cannot cover, could this cause me HIV or other possible diseases. I am scared and cant sleep or eat. Please help me out.

Yes, there is a possibility that you could have contracted a sexually transmitted disease. Using a condom is considered to be safe and your chances are minimal for infection. If you are concerned about HIV, you can have yourself tested at 3, 6 and 9 months intervals, as there is a window period where HIV can not be detected. You can also ask your doctor to do an STD screen.

Posted by: Nick | 2011-05-19

Hi Jerry,

Re-post your question as the Doc does not go back to old posts. Hope you are safe. My advice - don''t do it again......

Reply to Nick
Posted by: Jerry | 2011-05-19

Dr. Anrich
Thankyou for you response. What should be the window to do STD screening other than HIV. I am freaking out.

Reply to Jerry