Question
Posted by: Paul | 2010/05/25

hiv fear

I stepped barefoot onto some smeered blood. I had no fresh cuts only a cracked heel and some athletes foot. I dont know how long the blood had been on the floor. Can I get hiv?

The probability is almost zero – as the longer the blood is exposed to open air – the bigger the H probability that the HI virus will die. The amount of body fluid exchange that occurred sounds to me also not likely to have been able to infect you. To make absolutely sure you could wait for 3 weeks to pass and than go and have an HIV test done.
You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/05/26

Reply to sexologist