Question
Posted by: Wian Botha | 2012/05/08

HIV And Sex

Morning,

I am not very clude-up with HIV, although I know the basics. How do I deal with HIV and sex? What is on and what is not?

I am a gay person that has just met someone that has been diagnosed with HIV recently. For this relationship to last, I need to have my facts as well.

Regards,

Wian

It is important and very responsible for you to educate yourself – as that is the best way to protect yourself and your sexual partner (s). I include for you a hyperlink where you can read up about all the facts regarding HIV that I am sure will do for good reading - http://www.medicinenet.com/human_immunodeficiency_virus_hiv_aids/article.htm
In short is s however important to use condoms at all times during sex to prevent the exchange of body fluids as they carry the virus. Furthermore avoid contact between the parties where skin is broken and open wounds are present – even inside your mouths.
Good luck with your responsible road ahead.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2012/05/08

Reply to Sexologist