Question
Posted by: Mo | 2008/11/19

HIV+ and longing for baby

I was diagnosed HIV+ 11 years ago and to date have been relatively healthy. Not on ARVs and high CD4 count. My boyfriend and I would like to have a baby but obviously cannot take the risk of infecting him by having unprotected sex. What can we do?Artificial insemination is not an option because of the cost. I have been using condoms ever since I found out about my status so assume that I' m otherwise fertile. I' m 35

The only option really would be artificial insemination. This is not as expensive as IVF, so perhaps you could save up for it.