Question
Posted by: afraid | 2010-02-04

hiv and injuries

My boy friend is in hospital after he was hit by a motor car. He sustained broken rib, leg and arm. Also a open wound to the foot. He is HIV positive. Is it possible that his injuries can in any way affect his immune system in regards of the HIV? His condition is stable.
Thanks for the forum.

Hallo Afraid
His treating doctor should know about his HIV status as they may need to give him preventative antibiotics. Trauma may cause a dip in immunity. Ask the doctor if he may take Moducare with his current treatment to stimulate immunity.

2
Posted by: Kabza | 2010-02-08

I' m a black guy whose outer lips are turning pink, I' m HIV negative and drink occasionally. My doctor says its just loss of colour,but I worry about the appearance. where can I get help?

Reply to Kabza
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-04

Hallo Afraid

Reply to cyberdoc