Question
Posted by: Christopher | 2011-04-13

HIV and Aids

Doc how long is the window period.I had unprotected sex first week of January and did tests last week march and results were negetive.can i use the results as true reflections of my status.an i also did PCR two weeks after the me having unprotected sex and the results were also negetive.

Hallo Christopher
The window period can be 3 - 6 months (average 3 months) You are probably negative but do a follow up at 6 months to be 100% sure.

3
Posted by: Shava | 2011-04-13

Dear Doctor.

I have been on Aluvia and Truvada but abscounded (stopped taking my medication) for the past 4 months.

It is adviseble for me to just now continue with taking my medication or should i get tests done first.

Reply to Shava
Posted by: Jack | 2011-04-13

Christopher where do you go for tests

Reply to Jack
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-04-13

Hallo Christopher