Posted by: Sion-Marry | 2011-11-03

HIV &  Vitamins

Good day.

I have recently been diagonised with HIV, my CD4 count are 387 and the Dr gave me an option to start with the treatment now or later in january and i preferred to start next year in order to prepare myself and come to terms with taking a pill everyday.

He prescribed Dynamisan vitamins. before that i was taking Neurobion (Vitamin B complex) for about a week. My question is will these vitamins really help in boosting my immune system and ultimately up my CD4 counts?

Is it safe to take both at the same time or should i just stick o Dynamisan?
I''''m a bit concerned and afraid the virus will get worse. Can i get better with a healthy living: good diet, no stress, no re-infection etc without taking ARVs? I have lost a bit of weight already.

The treatment of HIV is with antiretroviral medication. A healty lifestyle, with vitamin supplementation, will improve your general health. It will have no effect on the HIV virus. You can take both vitamins together.