Question
Posted by: Nkose14 | 2011-06-26

HIV &  Pregnant

im hiv &  pregnant, now im reading baby magazines theres not even one mag that highlitghts mothers who are carrying babies &  hiv. i mean its not something thats been hidden, we living healthy &  happy with hiv and theres nothing we can do.

we also needs hints on our pregnancies, what to do &  what not to do if you are hiv &  pregnant. hope you understand my concerns.

Nkose14

You have to register your pregnancy at the nearest clinic and disclose your HIV status. They will be able to assist you with all the advice that you will need. Medication given to mothers during their pregnancy are very succesful in preventing babies from contracting HIV. If done correctly, there is only a 3% chance of giving your child HIV. You should not be concerned and I am certain that your clinic will be very helpful.