Question
Posted by: Matilda | 2011-05-03

Hiv / Aids

Is there a helpline I can call, or place I can be tested in SA for HIV without sayimg who I am, and to get the results myself. I''ve been raped, and are very well known, I don''t want my GP or husband to know, I feel to ashamed. So worried I might have HIV or Aids. I don''t want my friends, family and children to know about my ordeal. Please who can i phone ???

Matilda

I am really sorry to learn about your ordeal. Please however, remember that it is not something to be ashamed about, as you are a victim and were not asking for this to happen to you.

I am sure that your family loves you and will not blame you. I think that you will get more support from your family than you expect.

You can contact the Rape Crisis Helpline at 083 484 9409 or the National AIDS helpline at 0800 012 322.