Question
Posted by: Neo | 2011-10-31

HIV

my sister is 34 yrs old and has a 2yrs old son. She found out when she was pregnant that she is positive. She is generaly healthy and just has the odd infections once in a while. Her and baby are on arv. I am worried as I am the only person she has disclosed to. 2 weeks acgo she found a lunp behind her ear. baby is also okay most of the tine and only sick once in a while. worried

Neo

If you are concerned about the lump behind her ear, I suggest that she consults a doctor for an examination and a possible biopsy of the lump to establish the diagnosis. It is possible that it is a reactive lymph node, due to inflammation or an area of infection of her scalp. She might need a short course of antibiotics, to treat the infection.