Posted by: Angie | 2010-05-22

My husband was diagnosed hiv+ 2 years after a negative result and told he has a cd4 count of 7,he''s fit as a fiddle and hasn''t been sick once except for a spider bite and a case of oral thrush. Is this possible or should we get a second opinion?

You can get a second opinion. Please note that it is possible that your husband was tested for HIV during the window period of nine months. His cd4 count is very low and it will have to be treated as soon as possible.

Ask your doctor to re-do all his counts.

Posted by: Angie | 2010-05-24

He was immediately put on ARVs,the thing that puzzles me is that he''s not sickly and never has been. At the time of the thrush he had been on very strong antibiotics for a black widow bite which is initially y the hiv test was done,whats more is that the doc only did the one test and that was that,he then drew blood to check his liver and kidney function but we havn''t heard from him since.

Reply to Angie
Posted by: Sasa | 2010-05-22

Hi Angie please try to post this at HIV forum you might get better advices there. My opinion try to get a second opinion from aother doctor. Goodluck!

Reply to Sasa