Question
Posted by: ??? | 2009-09-08

Hiv

If a male had sex with a partner which he later discovered had Hiv and he then has the test done himself and is found to be negative,can he pass on the disease in any way by being a carrier or something?
I have just started dating a woman which had a relationship with the guy above !

if the person is not HIV positive they cannot pass on the virus. There is no such thing as a carrier in HIV - you either have it or you dont. The issue is to make sure that the person is in fact HIV negative. The normal tests thata re done can take 6 weeks to 6 months to show positive aftert he disease has been contracted - make sure that amount of time has elapsed between contact and testing ( with no ther potential contacts inbetween) before delaring that an HIV negative status exists

3
Posted by: POS MAN | 2009-09-08

Hi. A person is either infected with HIV or not. There is no such thing as a carrier. Your lady friend had herself tested and the result shows negative. However, there is a window period after infection when it sometimes does not show on the test results. I am not sure on how long this is. So, she might still, might not, be HIV positive. Beter get proper medical advice and support her through this. Unfortunately some sites where HIV testing is done, do not give proper advice and counseling and some people leave misinformed. All the best

Reply to POS MAN
Posted by: Woman | 2009-09-08

You need to both go have tests. Be sure that you go to a reputable clinic and that you both have consultations regarding this. Also be sure to have all follow up tests done.

I do hope that you are having safe sex. Kudos to your new g/f for being honest.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: LOOL | 2009-09-08

I want to get this right the lady found out later after break up that the guy was +,or she was aware now they broke up?so who tested +?the lady u r dating?and u r just wondering if who is the carrier?after i get the answers i will help with the knowledge i have.

Reply to LOOL