Question
Posted by: Jay | 2009-07-27

HIV

Hello,

I
m with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now. We slept together for about 6 months and then stopped based on religion and we knew whe were wrong.

We did not always use condoms because she was on the pil and whe actually never planned to have sex. I know whe were in the wrong not always using protection and I am not proud of myself.

She did have a boyfriend before me which she also slept with. There were also times in that relationship that they didnt use condoms.

The status of her previous boyfriend is unknown as well as her and my status. Lets for argument sake say the previous boyfriend was negetive what is the possibility of the virus to be contracted? She is the women I slept with and she will be the last because I am planning to marry her. We didnt have sex for almost a year now but there was times the we did start but stopped because of the decision whe made about sex.

Since we started sleeping together I only once got sick once and it was about 4 months after the first time we had sex and it was Bronchitus. Ever since then there has been no other sicknesses and I' m healty! Train every day, I feel good! No weighloss or any other symptoms.

Can I take it as a possitive sign that neither me or she has the virus and whe can have a healthy, happy &  faithfull life together?

Thanks!

Dear Jay
The only way to know is to take the HIV test - both of you. Early infection of HIV does not cause any symptoms. This will give you both peace of mind and you will also know that your babies will be healthy one day.