Posted by: Picachoo | 2009-05-21

My dr told me i' m positive but my boyfriend of two yrs is not,how is this possible?

Dear Picachoo
You could have picked it up before your current relationship and your current boyfriend may be lucky not to have been infected by you, or you may have had a false positive HIV test - did they do the blood test that they send to the lab or just a fingerprick one? The lab test is the better one to do as they double check. You can re-do the test to confirm the results if you think that the result may be a false positive.

Posted by: Scared mommy to be | 2009-05-21

Im 37 weeks pregnant and have just found out im hiv positive, my caeser is booked for next week and my gynae has prescribed that I strart nevirapine 2x a day. is this enough precaution to save my baby from transmission?

Reply to Scared mommy to be