Question
Posted by: tony | 2008/09/17

hiv

hi doctor i stay in india i hve bee +ive from last 3 years i am 36yrs old 72kgs fit no problems as of now even i am not on any medicines, just wanted to know what kind of excersice should i do o keep my self fit and maintaine by fitnes instead of havng this problem
regards
tony

Hi Tony

Difficult one - you can pretty much exercise safely, as per normal, but just be mindful of the fact that you should probably be on some kind of medicine. I'm not sure why you are not, or what the circusmstances are, but exercise is very much part of, not the focus of, your treatment. It's not as though exercise is going to worsen the problem, ormake it go away, but you have to look at the whole picture here - get the problems treated first, and then look at how you might exercise.

In my opinion, you can do exercise exactly as you would normally - check out the Fitness page of this site, click on Programmes and then choose from the available programmes. But you need to have the problems treated separately too.