Posted by: Brad | 2008-11-19

Hit to the head

Hi Doc... Sunday around midday i was playing cricket with my brother &  he threw the ball at me &  i missed the catch &  it hit me on the side of my head just about +- 5cm above my temple. The ball was the maroon hard cricket balls. It didn' t hurt on impact but after couple hours it started to hurt. I then noticed it swelled up, yesterday &  today i had a slight headache in that area &  wasn' t feeling the best yesterday. Its still swollen today &  hurts a bit but i haven' t been bleeding or anything. Is it normal to be swollen till now? should it have gone down by now? Is it serious

Hi Brad
It can take up to a week to get better - try putting some Voltaren gel and ice on the area. If you have severe headache, dizziness or other symptoms like vision problems you need to see your doctor.

Posted by: SS | 2008-11-20

I think it is serious. Go and see a Dr.

Reply to SS