Posted by: Lauls` | 2008-11-03

Hit head quite hard and still in pain

Hi Doc. I have done this before which is why I have not gone to see a doctor, apparently it' s impossible to tell. I am writing my second Board exam in 2 weeks so this is stressing me out a little as it' s affectiing my studies. On saturday afternoon I slipped on a puddle of water at home and fell to the side. I hit my head on the corner of the wall. Just above my temple to the back (so under my hair). There was no blood or anything but I felt a little disoriented. Yesterday I did not feel so great, when I went to the shop and walked up some stairs I got so dizzy that I almost fell backwards down the stairs. It' s painful to the touch (very sensitive) and the left side of my head (site of the blow) feels a little weird (I cant explain). I could not sleep last night and I cant lie on my left as it' s too sore. This morning it is still sore which worries me. Should I be worried or should the symptoms clear up?
Is it a good idea to study while I am feeling like this and how long should I wait till I exercise again?

Thanks Doctor.

Dear Lauls
Please just go to your doctor for a neurological check up, you may have some concussion and rarely one can develop a slow intra cranial bleed from a fall like this, with buildup of pressure on the brain over weeks. You need to avoid exercise for at least 2-3 weeks.