Posted by: angie | 2009-01-22

hit a wall

Hi there!

I' ve hit a wall in my weight loss mission. I' m 1.52m tall and weigh 55kg. I' d like to get down to 50kg.

I' ve been eating really healthily for the past 2 weeks (even on weekends), and I haven' t lost any weight.

I either have a yoghurt or boiled egg for breakkie, a chicken salad (green leaves with grilled chicken pieces) for lunch, and then fish or chicken for supper. I' m being very conscious about how I prepare food, so it' s either grilled, or I use olive oil. And then I have 2-3 cups of tea or coffee a day with half a teaspoon of brown sugar and milk.

And I havn' t lost anything! I' m feeling so dispondant! I don' t know what else I can do. I just need to lose 5kg and it won' t shift.

ANy advice doc?

Dear Angie
Your present BMI = 23,1 which is already nearly ideal, so there is not really any need to lose those 5 kgs. Because your weight is already so normal it will take longer for you to see any results because the body will resist losing weight when it is in balance. Try doing some daily exercise (walking or skipping) for about 30 min a day to give the weightloss a nudge.