Question
Posted by: Graca Queen | 2008/08/10

Hit a plateau

Just a little advise needed please! I needed to lose 10kgs so put myself on a healthy eating plan as well as portion control and no snacking. I have lost 7Kgs to date. It has been very slow but worth it! Now I have hit a plateau and have only lost about 200g in three weeks! I cannot seem to shed those last 3. Is there a little bit of advise you can give me. Eat less? Eat more? Although I feel comfortable with the 7kg loss I would really like to get to 10. Thanks in advance.

Dear Graca Queen
Firstly congratulations on losing those 7 kg - you are a star! Despite the fact that your weightloss has been slow you are very nearly at your goal and slow weightloss tends to be more permanent than rapid losses. I would recommend that you stick to your diet, but add some exercise to simulate your metabolism. Aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 min a day can make all the difference for you to lose those last 3 kg.
Hang in there, you will start losing again.

1
Posted by: Graca Queen | 2008/08/10

Sorry maybe I should have mentioned that I am 57 years young - weigh 70 kgs and height is about 1.61 metres (5ft 3 ins) Think my BMI is around 28.7?

Reply to Graca Queen