Posted by: miri | 2010-02-24

i had my tonsils removed about 10 yrs ago i am now 36, have a history of allergic rhinitis and sinusitis. ENT who removed tonsilis did a clean up of adenoids and commented that it looked really bad when they went in there. i dont really have a bad sinus problm now , its treatable with herbal home remedies which get the gunk out and i am able to spit it out and then its fine. Its mostly aggravated by an air con when sleeping and maybe sum pollens.

My BIG question, i am self conscious of kissin my partner as i believe that i might not know that my nose is smelling esp when i am having a sinus bout. I have no reason so supect this but i also have a fairly large nose hence when i kiss i always wonder if there is not a bad smell from my nose or even throat due to the sinus problems?

is this paranoi and if its possible what product could clear up the smell? i thought of doing a 7 day regime of saline drops 3x day? could this help maybe?

it really affects my LIFE

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Miri

Please see an ENT for an examination of your nose, to exclude infection.
Ask your partner if there is indeed a smell, as you may be worried for no reason.