Question
Posted by: marna | 2012/10/06

historectomy

Good day doc,

I''m 42 and would like to go for a historectomy. I had a previous dvt and was on warfarin for 6 months. Will it be a total historectomy or will they leave my ovaries for the hormones?

Marna

Hysterectomies are only done if there is a reason, in other words if there is something wrong with the womb.

4

Posted by: Kedi | 2012/10/08

Mama, Tanya''s sense of humour was appreciatd by some. If you cant laugh sometimes in life the next thing is to cry and as they say ''crying is not the best medicine''. She did apologise for being so straight forward.

The advise she did give you is correct because this is how my hysterectomy went - I still have my ovaries and am still very healthy.

Reply to Kedi
Posted by: marna | 2012/10/08

Tanya, you do not know my circumstances so please shut up. I do not like to hear from arseholes like you. So if you can''t say something good keep quiet. It shows that you have no manners.

Reply to marna
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/10/08

" Would like to go for a hysterectomy?"  Sounds like you ordering a take-away hamburger. Can you just ''decide'' to have one?

Be that as it may, you can request that if your ovaries are healthy they not be removed. Much like " a hamburger please, but without onion!" 

Sorry, just had to say it like this.

Reply to Tanya