Posted by: Minette | 2011-06-30

Good Day

I am 29 years old and have to go for a historectomy within a week, my gynae said that there is no other option. She will however leave the one ovary that I still have. I have multiple endometriosis and constant growth of cysts, I am in hospital almost every 4 months and I am on my period all the time. The bleeding will stop for max 5 days and will start again. I''ve been on all types of medication and injections but nothing works it seems like it only makes things worse. Am I doing the right thing to remove the uterus and still keep the ovary for the hormonal balance.

You are very young to have your uterus removed. You don't say what treatments you have had, so I can't tell whether you have tried all options.

Posted by: Minette | 2011-07-04

I''ve had 3 laparotomies, I''ve been on severel medications, the merena was inserted to stop the bleeding but nothing helps. The uterus was turned in March as it wa behind the bladder and stuck to the back, my doctor turned it to face forward again and binded it up in front of the bladder to stay in place. I keep on menstruating and I go to hospital about every 3-4 months where they cut, remove the endometriosis and cysts and then some new medication. I am so tired of this whole process, I am young and only married for 3 years but it I live like an 60 year old and who has been married for 20 years.

Reply to Minette