Question
Posted by: theresa | 2008/07/24

Histerctomy

My mother of 64 had a histerctomy surgery done a while ago. She been having complications since and of lately she observed some bleeding disorder. She consulted the doctor but that has since stopped.
She had a ring inserted on her after the surgery as well But it since became lose and came off. She does her regular pap smear check ups. I am worried about the bleeding, would thi indicate cancer of the cervix?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Theresa
They remove the cervix with a hysterectomy so the bleeding must come from the vagina - she may need a bit of esterogen cream or it could have been a small tear in the vagina. She must inform her doctor about the ring that came loose and about the bleeding. He may need to just have a look.