Question
Posted by: Lala | 2010-02-24

His salary, Maintanance, my rights

My husband left me when i was 4 months pregnant. I am 8 months pregnant and have a 3 year old son. we are separated and not yet divorced. he has sold our house and my son and i dont have a place to stay(I''m still looking for one) I earn more than my husband does but he is not helping me financially. I am contemplating on taking him to the maintanance court as its very tough for me financially plus my pregnancy. My fear is that wont the court use it against me that i earn more than him? what right as his wife do i hav to claim mantainance. for both the kids and myself?

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

For all legal related queries, please visit our sister Forum: http://www.health24.com/experts/Family_law_expert/979-4592.asp