Question
Posted by: dot | 2011/03/01

his parents show no interest

Hi. I have been seeing my bf for 4 months. I have met his parents a couple of times and they dont show interest in me at all. I ask them all these questions, but I get no reciprocation in return. On Sunday I got irriatated so I eventually remained quiet. There was silence with us all just staring at eachother. I dont know how to handle this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Maybe they're just socially awkward people who dont't talk much to anyone - or is it just you, for some reason ? You need to discuss this with your bf, as he has obviously known them all his life. He should be able to help you understand them, and decide with you, how to cope with this

6
Posted by: Unique | 2011/03/02

May he''s brought a lot of gfs in the past and things did not work out after the parents had befriended them.

Reply to Unique
Posted by: Romany | 2011/03/01

You are not in a relationship with his parents or anyone else.
Do not go with him when he visits them. He will go less and less.
They will realise sooner or later that if they want to see him more they need to respect his choice of gf and give you a fair chance.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: This may hurt | 2011/03/01

It could be that they do not approve of you or find you an unsuitable partner for their son. As CS says your partner should be able to fill you in with whats really happening here.
Sorry if l have offended you, but l thought l would just be honest.

Reply to This may hurt

Are you the same Dot from Man Talk?

Posted by: LEAVE | 2011/03/01

Leave him

Reply to LEAVE