Question
Posted by: nn | 2009/11/09

His ex is a maniac

I have been dating a guy for 2 months now. He is 16 yrs older than me and was married for 19 yrs. Him and his ex separated 9 months ago and the divorce was final 3 months ago. His ex wife left him for another guy 3 times. She just kept on going back to this other guy. My guy has been single since Feb this year. When I first started seeing this guy, his ex was sending him texts saying that she is going to ruin his life and she hates him and so on. Now she has broken up with this guy and now wants her ex back. He does not want her back at all and he told me that he wants to be with me and I am the best thing that has happened to him this year. They have a 19 yr old daughter who lives with him but she is moving in with his ex at the end of the month. The ex wil phone the daughter and tell her that she wants to speak to me and tell me off because she wants her husband back. She calls him at 3am in the mornings. Emails and texts him all day everyday. Shows up at his house unexpected. And I am told that she is the jealous and violent type. And many people tell me that I am lucky that she does not have my number or home address as she would constantly harass me. This is taking toll on my relationship with this guy and I know he does not want her back but she keeps on trying. I am not the reason they got divorced and she cannot handle the fact that he has someone and that he is happy. But she is really starting to get on my nerves. What can I do because I really like this guy and we seem to get along so well, but the ex just won’ t let go.

He should consult a lawyer and get a court order forbidding her from harassing him ( or you )- such an interdict could be really useful. If she disobeys the court order, she can be arested and even jailed

1