Question
Posted by: Dezi | 2010/04/20

Hipnotism

I am 59 yrs old and am really battling to lose weight. I know I am an amotional eater and eat when I am very happy or very sad. What is the success rate of Hipnotism to assist with weightloss? I''m really desperate because I have irregular heartbeat (AF) and want to lose weight to take exess burden from my heart working overtime. I''m not successful though.

There is absolutely no good research nor weight of professional expert opinion in favour of using hypnosis to manage weight loss - there's really no substitute to working with a good dietician on a diet and exercise program. A Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) counsellor can help you work better with such a prgram and to deal better with your high or low moods.
And work with the dietician to plan to have no fatening foods in the house when you have a happy or sad urge to eat, but plenty of healthy snacks instead.

1