Posted by: Katherine | 2009-02-05

Hip problem

Hi, my cat has hurt her hip and the vet says it' s just an infection and was treated for it,but after two more visits she' s still not walking properly and cannot jump, she dont have pain as we can touch her , a friend suggested that it seems like she had a stroke?? is this possible.. please advise

Dear Katherine

Wait a while or take the cat for x-rays. To little info to give you more advice.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-05

Have you asked your vet these questions? He' s the one who has seen the cat, and is the only person competent to make a diagnoses. Unfortunately I really don' t think it' s possible for anyone to say whether the cat' s had a stroke based on the information you' ve given. For one thing, you' ve given no indication of the cat' s age, nor have you said how long this has been going on - could be one week or three months, and obviously this makes a big difference.

Reply to Chill