Question
Posted by: Ness | 2012-04-18

Hip Pain

For the past month or so I have been experiencing hip pain. It''''s not constant and also doesn''''t hurt when resting. I have consulted a Chiropractor, but that didn''''t seem to help at all.

I tend to feel pain when standing up from a seated position and when walking - it almost feels as if something is pinching but I can''''t seem to locate the exact spot. It seems to be at the front part of the hip, where the hip flexor is. It''''s a sharp pain which causes extreme discomfort, but doesn''''t linger and seems to ease out and return to normal only to "  pinch"  again a few minutes later. None of the muscles I can access with my fingers seem to be sore. I do various forms of dancing, but the joint also doesn''''t seem to cause me any discomfort when I''''m dancing. Any advice?

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Ness,
After dancing try some gentle pain free stretching to all the muscles of the hip. Always consider tour sitting and standing postures. Keep a diary to find out when you are of symptoms ie after certain activities, in certain positions or at a paticular time of day.
Ultimately I would advise you to consult with your local osteopath who can thoroughly assess you and give you a proper diagnosis and treatment.