Question
Posted by: Christa | 2011/12/19

Hip pain

Hi. When moving (running, walking, climbing stairs) I experience a pain on the top of my hip-bone. It is not the hip-joint but rather feels like a muscle. Any idea what this may be and how I can fix it?

Hi Christa

I'm guessing, of course, and it's impossible to say. The hip flexor is the muscle that we use to push up when we walk, to lift our knee, and that muscle might have been strained. If that's the case, then a period of rest is normally sufficient. If it's a tendon or ligament, it takes longer, and may require some rehab after where you could see a physio, but I'd consider that only now, given that it's 3 weeks or so and if it were muscle, the problem should mostly have cleared.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/01/06

Hi Christa

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012/01/06

Hi Christa

Reply to fitnessdoc