Posted by: BMJ | 2011-11-16

Hip pain

In March this year, I decided to try and lose some weight. I am 15 kgs overweight. I went to see a dietician and she recommended I start walking 30min 3 x a week. Before starting the exersize I had a sore right hip, but it was only sore occasionally. Then after starting the exersiize it became unbearable. It feels like the pain is where the joint and the socket fit together. It is only my right hip. I dont have back ache or much leg pain. Climbing stairs is difficult. Sitting with my knee higher than my hip is painful and turning my leg in or out is very painful. I am constantly aware of my hip. I went to the dr and she had an xray done which excluded osteoarthritis and conculded it must be bursitits. I went for 6 sessions of physio that had some relief but I still have constant discomfort. I have not done any exersize since visiting my dr. Could you tell me if a chiropracter might be able to help with this kind og problem? I am female and 39 - healthy other than a bit overweight, or is it back to the gp?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Chiropractic care may help - but take your x/rays along for a more positive evaluation.