Question
Posted by: Dezi | 2010-01-06

Hip pain

I have been diagnosed to have a hip replacment but still awaiting authorisation from my medical aid. I' m currently using Diclofenac, Painamol plus, Roxefen, Ibuprofen and arthrotec. Nothing is really helping, what would you prescribe me to use. I am battling to lie down, to sleep at night, to walk, I just cant do anything, they tell me to rest until the operation but I cant lie down, sit or anythingl. The above medication doesnt work, please advise what I can use that I can use during the day and night and wont have sleeping problems. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hallo Dezi
Diclofenac, ibuprofen, arthrotec are all anti-inflammatory medications and you should not use these together. Ask your doctor to consider a prescription of Tramal until you go for the operation? Physiotherapy may also help for the inflammation

4
Posted by: Dorah | 2010-01-17

Is it safe to take Roxefen tablets while breastfeeding?

Reply to Dorah
Posted by: Been there | 2010-01-06

Before my replacement I also had pain. I found COXFLAM Anti Inflammatory to be very good and did not have an adverse affect on my stomach. Once you have had the op you will be a new person. Do not try to do too much for 6 weeks, make sure you are given anti clot medication and wear surgical stockings for the 6 weeks on BOTH legs, its worth while as blood clots are a major concern. Good luck

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Been there | 2010-01-06

Reply to Been there
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-01-06

Hallo Dezi

Reply to cyberdoc