Question
Posted by: Claire | 2008/07/28

Hip Pain

I am a 24 yr old woman, and had a hysterectomy at the age of 29. For the last few months I wake up at night with my hips aching and the ache sometimes runs down into my leg (whichever side I am lying on). I was tested for onset of menopause recently, but hormone levels appear normal. I have also started taking vitamin and mineral supplements including calsium, magnesium etc, but it hasn' t helped. Is this just an age related thing that I must adjust to or should it be checked out.
Claire

Hi Claire
Have it checked out - it could be a pinched nerve root in the lower back.