Question
Posted by: CE | 2009-04-23

Hip Joint Pain - Pregnant

Morning,
I' ve been experiencing pain in both my hips, at the joints, and I' m only 12 weeks pregnant??? This is my second pregnancy and I remember I only had these pains at the end of my first pregnancy. At night I find it hard to sleep on my sides, cos then the pains get worse. Can I sleep on my back or tummy???Yesterday I could barely walk properly, the pain was constant and when I tried walking it was sharp and felt like I would collapse any minute.
What is causing this??? Is it due to my ligaments stretching???
Is there any supplement I can use to strengthen my ligaments (if its that causing the pain)???

Thanking you in advance,
CE

I would suggest that you see your doctor to assess the pain. It sounds more than the usual. You can sleep on your back at this stage.