Posted by: Marche | 2011-04-29

Hip dislocation - painful

hi, in 2003, i was involveed in a bad car crash and suffered a dislocated hip which had a few dents etc. After using Arthrochoice and going for corterzone injections etc for years, the xray shows it has healed. However I have lots of lower back pain and hip pain especially in winter and am now using Osteoeaze which is not really relieving much pain. how can it be so sore, when the xrays shows it has healed. The doctors cant help me. I also had a arthroscopy done in 2007

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Marche
You discomfort may have nothing to do with the accident, but it may have caused a bit of wear and tear changes in the joint and the lower back may also have some osteo-arthritis (wear and tear)changes- most of us get these as we age. Mild exercise like walking and some muscle strengthening and joint mobilising exercise like Pilates may also help. Osteoeaze seems to help some and not others- I can't really give an informed comment on that.