Posted by: Mariana | 2012-06-14

Hip burning sensation

Hi There

I have a problem with a part of my left hip. My hip has this burning sensation around the hip bone (I cant pin point it exactly, just below or just above). The skin feels as if its swolen and when I touch it, it has this dead feeling. This wakes me up at night, its not massively painful, but its bothering me. This only happens occasionally, more so if I sleep with tight clothing around the area like sweat pants.

This first happened when I woke up one morning with this awful, unbearable hip burning pain which shoots up in my upper leg. I couldnt lie down, I couldnt sit and I couldnt stand, it was so painful, after a while it settled down when I took a few painkillers. After that episode I will get the above mentioned occasions during the night.

What can this be? I went to a GP but the doctor told me that it was a nerve in my back that was causing this, she gave me Amitriptaline and this helped, but its back again. I dont think its a nerve in my back to be honest. What do you think?

I think you are experiencing a referred pain caused by nerve impinchment in the lower back. It is common for back pain to refer to the hip. I suggest that you consult an orthopeadic surgeon for x-rays and a possible MRI scan of your lower back. You can use Trepilene, in combination with Myprodol capsules, to alleviate your symptoms, until a proper diagnosis has been made.