Question
Posted by: dezi | 2009-11-04

Hip and back injuries

I am 53 yrs old. My right toe was amputated behind the nail, due to a bone wart. My lower back is also killing me, I get pains in my bum and down my leg. The dr took X-rays and the outcome was that it was due to my toe and I was born with a hip defect. I' m still too young for a hip replacement, the dr' s say, what can I do. I love excercising, riding stationery bike, cross trainers, walking, circuit training, but it hurts. THey say I should swim, but I cant. WHat can I do, please help me.
Dezi

Hi Dezi

I'm not clear on what the hip problem is. As I read it, you have an issue with the toe, which is different from the hip problem. I gather than the toe issue has been dealt with, but I'm not sure what you mean that the x-rays had shown that "it" is caused by the toe? Your hip problem is caused by the toe, or is it something else?

And when you say there was a hip defect, what is it? I just think you need to find out for sure what the defect is, and whether it might be treatable, because you very rarely get a case where it's all or nothing, replacement or nothing. So my advice would be to seek out the opinion of a doctor in sports medicine, who can look at the hip independently, because there are too many factors currently clouding the issue.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009-11-09

Hi Dezi

Reply to fitnessdoc