Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2011/11/17

Hip

In March this year, I decided to try and lose some weight. I am 15 kgs overweight. I went to see a dietician and she recommended I start walking 30min 3 x a week. Before starting the exersize I had a sore leftt hip, but it was only sore occasionally. Then after starting the exersiize it became unbearable. It feels like the pain is where the joint and the socket fit together. When I sit it feels like I am sitting on ''bone'' It is only my left hip. I dont have back ache or much leg pain. Climbing stairs is difficult. Sitting with my knee higher than my hip is painful and turning my leg in or out is very painful. I am constantly aware of my hip. I know that the next step might be cortisone injections in the joint. But I am very afraid of the procedure. I am female and 39 - healthy other than a bit overweight, or is it back to the gp?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The next step is to have an X-ray of your hip and then see your GP

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/11/20

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum