Question
Posted by: HJR | 2009-05-18

him

Talk
You are in: Health24 >  Talk >  Heart to heart

Heart to heart

Do you want to learn more about heart disease? Visit Health24' s Heart Centre.

Health24 forums are not intended to be a substitute for medical advice. Always contact your doctor if you feel you need medical advice or treatment.
Back to forum

ive been with my boyfriend for a year now.i love him and he loves me.but i cant seeem to trust him.he has never given anythng that would make me think that he might be seeing someone esle but i js don trust him.and i can see it hurts him.then i get this dreams about hm sleeping with other girls and wake up in the middle of the night crying to him.he promised he wouldnt do that to me but am just scared.is theree something wrong with me .?
please help
thank you

Hmm. I don't hink love counts as a heart disease, though I agree it sometimes feels that way !
As for you and your bf, if he has never given you any reason not to trust him, you must have arived in the relationship with a propensity to not trust --- maybe related to your previous experiences in life ? Personal counselling / therapy for yourself, of the CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) format would help you reduce the bad habit of inappropriate suspicion and low self-esteem. And maybe some sessions of couples counselling, for the pair of you, could help ?