Posted by: Outsider | 2011-10-30

High/Low Blood Pressure

Hi Dr,

I was given 20mg Lisoritic, 10mg Bilocor, 50mg Amiloretic as my readings for months were stage 2 hypertension, I was feeling sick with 20mg lisoritic so decreased it to 10mg and feel so much better.

However, the tabs are working nicely but I find my BP drops really low (108/71 pulse 74) and (89/57 pulse 76) (103/69 pulse 55) and sometimes feel my eyes get very tired.

Is the low readings acceptable and not too dangerous?
I also find I am craving lots and lots of salt and vinegar atleast once a week - Is this normal for the type of bp readings I have?

I am not pregnant!

My next app with my gp is in Feb and will discuss this with him then if you could assist with a little info would be appreciated.

The low blood pressure readings are acceptable and not dangerous, unless you are experiencing severe light headedness with postural hypotension and blackouts.

You are most probable craving salt and vinegar because of the low blood pressure readings.

Consult your doctor and discuss your blood pressure readings. Maybe you should lesson the dose once again to normalise your blood pressure.