Question
Posted by: Natalie wood | 2011/02/23

Highlights when pregnant

HI there,

I have a very big problem. I normally get my hair colored every month, since my natural color is very dark and I color it blond. I am about 1month pregant and I''m due to get my roots done now. What makes it even worse is I have my brother''s wedding in 2 weeks time, which means lots of family photos....So I would prefer to have my hair colored and not have 2cm dark roots . Is it save for my baby if I have my hair colored?

It shouldn't harm the baby, but colour often doesn't 'take' well in pregnancy.

2

Posted by: PUrple | 2011/02/23

Yes it is safe for your baby.

The dye might not " take"  very well though so the colour might come out different to what you expect. Tell your hairdresser you are pregnant and he or she will know how to compensate for this.

Reply to PUrple